Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sing Out Loud, Sing Out Strong

I want to take a moment to thank everyone involved with planning and running the "Let the World Sing Along" Village in Lyon.

This was my second time chaperoning kids out of the country and this time was so very different. I think because this Village reminded me of the one I attended as an 11 year old in Stockholm, Sweden.

It's amazing how many teachable moments one person can have when they can accept anyone as a teacher.

Experiences like these are why I will never attend an anti-war rally, but I will die for peace.
(Side note: If you've seen me then you've seen the yellow LiveStrong "ribbon" I wear for family and friends.)

Big hugs to Argentina, Columbia, Costa Rica, Egypt, France, Georgia, Germany, Italy, Lebanon, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Denver, CO and Detroit, MI (USA 1 & 2)!!

Long live CISV!!!!

Visit CISV.org or CISVUSA.org for more info on our
direct cultural exchange programs
for youth and adults.